The most important thing to any author is getting reviews and launching a novel well (with a decent number of reviews). My Street Team is intended to be a community of readers who enjoy clean Christian thrillers and don’t mind helping a writer launch new books. For that reason, I want to make sure the community is made up of dedicated, engaged people. It should be fun, but when push comes to shove, I need a team of people who are willing and able to step up, leave a review, and help promote new releases!
You are reading this note because you have expressed interest in and support for my books. You are part of the audience I am writing to, but there are readers just like you who haven’t heard about me or my books yet. I need your help finding them.
The Give and Take
As with any partnership, there’s a mutual scratching of backs. Here’s what you’ll get by being a member of my Street Team.
- You’ll receive a free e-copy ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) of my next novel in advance of the release date or upon the release date. I will occasionally hold a paperback or e-book giveaway exclusively for Street Team members.
- You will have access to my Facebook Street Team page and find the opportunity to interact with others who share your interest in my books. This Facebook page is where the majority of the group interactions will occur. In addition, prayer requests, encouragement, and Q&A are all welcome.
- You will get an insider’s look at how the writing/publishing process works. I’ll seek to keep you up to date on my writing journey, the publishing process, cover art, and future projects. Sometimes I’ll ask for your opinion on cover art and other choices I need to make. Your voice matters.
Here’s where you can scratch my back. As a member of the Street Team, I’ll ask you to do the following:
- Post a review of my newest release (and any previous releases if you wish) on Amazon, Goodreads, BookBub, or possibly your own blog. At a minimum a posted review of my latest novel at Amazon is now required to be part of the Street Team. Please understand that if you fail to post a review when you agreed to, you will not be offered future ARCs (Advanced Reader Copies).
- Help me spread the word about my books via Facebook, Twitter, and any other social networking sites you frequent. How does this work? I’ll pass promotional posts and publishing news along to you via my Facebook Street Team site. Then you can share them to those in your circle at your discretion. Don’t worry. I won’t typically inundate you with promotional posts, though activity will certainly escalate the closer we get to release day. Here are ways you can share:
- Leave a review on Amazon.
- Leave a review at Goodreads.
- Leave a review at BookBub.
- Add the book to your Goodreads to-read list.
- Feature the book on your blog.
- Post a photo of the book on social media (in a store, at a coffee shop, with your dog, etc.).
- Ask your local library to order a copy of the book.
- Share memes of the book on social media (that you create or I share with you).
- Most importantly, please pray for my writing ministry. Yes, this is a ministry of writing. I wouldn’t be writing clean Christian suspense if I didn’t believe God had called me to write it. As a believer in Christ, I see each book as an opportunity not only to entertain but also to encourage others through a biblical message. I’m also committed to writing novels that are void of profanity, crude language, or sexuality. If you also believe in clean, meaningful Christian suspense, then we’d make a good team.
INTERESTED? Please click on the link below and submit the form. I’ll be in touch if you qualify. Thank you.